We live in a generation where we yearn and will pay anything to be everything but ourselves. People are no longer comfortable in their skins and they believe what someone else has is what they need to be better.
Though we learn from one another to improve, who we can become or designed to be is not in another person’s makeup. Everyone you see and admire is the result of hard work on themselves in developing their potentials and using their skills to their advantage and the benefit of the world. If they didn’t have to pose like someone else to excel, then we all can.
It is clear that the starting point of all greatness is with us and within us- your focus should be on you more than anything else, if you doubt, let me remind you of who you are;
1. Nobody was created not good enough. God looked at Himself in His glory, value, and essence and molded us in His image, just like Him to contain Him. You are special and His masterpiece.
2. God looked at all the problems the world have, can have, and will have, and created human beings as solutions for the world. You have a purpose, you are on assignment, and the world cannot be better without you because you have a solution it desperately needs.
3. Nobody came to earth empty, we all have valuable gifts to serve the world with. The problem is we focus too much on other people’s well developed gifts and neglect ours, hence, we feel not good enough.
4. No matter how excellently someone shines in his/her area of calling, they can never do what you’ve been assigned to do the way God designed you for it. You are unique and specially made, don’t compare yourself to others.
5. Your purpose is decided by God and discovered by you. Though there will be obvious pointers to what you are assigned to do, don’t wait too long, after many hustles, to turn to God for His help in discerning your assignment. The truth still stands, that, it is only the manufacturer of a thing who knows the reason and purpose behind his/her invention. The best the manufacturer does is give a manual so people can understand its use. If you want to know you, ask God. When you don’t understand, use the manual- the Bible.
6. It is our differences that change the world. If we all act the same or are like one another, we will only solve one problem in the world and struggle with the rest. Never wish to become like someone, your value is in what you do differently and how different you are. Appreciate your difference and uniqueness and become better in it. You are stunningly different for a purpose.
7. You were created great, but to be great or live great is a choice.
How you feel about yourself doesn’t change who God knows you to be and created you to be. He still holds and believes the truth that you are His masterpiece, you have the choice to live this truth. Circumstances in life will not always be fair but they never exempt you from being great, you decide.
8. You have the power and potential to make relevant impact and cause a change in the world, even the weakest among us, in their weakness can change the world. We are all unsung/unseen heroes, until we do the greater work on ourselves. Everyone has the chance to be great at something and leave a mark on the world because the potential to be is freely given to everyone. You are important, live like it.
9. You are responsible for yourself.
People can only be helpers and enablers of life, they don’t owe you happiness, a great job, respect, your value, etc. Quit blaming people for everything, quit looking up to people for everything, quit putting high expectations on people for everything that concerns you. Take responsibility for your life, own your mistakes, and come out a better person. No one owes you anything, be responsible.
10. Your mind is your greatest asset.
It will lead you in the direction of what you feed it, it will produce results of your dominant thoughts, and it is the powerhouse that will drive the desires you want to achieve. Like how you will protect your money, guard your mind with all diligence- if the thoughts you entertain will not give you the future you hope for, then probably is shouldn’t be occupying space in your mind. Have the right mindset because just as you think, so you will become.
Today, is the best time to start work on being the world’s greatest at something. Give yourself a chance and start the greater work yourself. Always remember you are an asset the world cannot do without, stay valuable, begin now.